Prize-winning recipe in the “Mix It Up with Betty!” Betty Crocker Cookie Contest
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in half
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water, egg and pecans until soft dough forms.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven; immediately press marshmallow half lightly, cut side down, on top of cookie. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or just until marshmallows begin to soften. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart nonstick saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Add whipping cream, butter and vanilla; blend well. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread frosting over each cooled cookie, covering marshmallow. Let stand until frosting is set.
Recipe by Kristina Vanni
Photo by Betty Crocker