Grand prize winning recipe from the National Restaurant Association “Hot Chef” Grilling Challenge.
Serve with “Grilled Arctic Char with Maple Dijon Glaze.”
- 3 cups thinly sliced seeded cucumber
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fennel leaves
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3-1/2 Tablespoons lemon-flavored olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- In a serving bowl, combine cucumber, fennel, radishes, red onion, fennel leaves, and dill.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir into vegetables and mix well. Cover and chill.
- Before serving, stir again and sprinkle top with snipped chives. Serves 4.
Recipe by Kristina Vanni
Photo by Kristina Vanni