Grand prize winner in the American Lamb “Get Your Grill On” contest.
- 4 boneless lamb top round, 1-1/2 inches thick, about 5 ounces each
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed tangerine juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Minted Couscous:
- 1 – 10 ounce box plain Couscous
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tangerine zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tangerine, sliced about 1/2″ thick
- 3 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh mint sprigs
- For lamb: Place lamb in a shallow dish in one layer. Whisk together the 2 Tablespoons olive oil, tangerine juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Brush half of mixture over lamb, turn over and brush other side. Set aside while preparing couscous.
- For Couscous: In medium saucepan, bring water, salt and olive oil to just boil. Stir in couscous; cover. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff couscous lightly with fork. Gently toss with tangerine zest and fresh mint just before serving.
- Prepare grill for medium-hot fire. Grill lamb until browned outside and medium-rare inside, about 4-5 minutes per side. When lamb is almost done, add the tangerine slices to grill and grill each side briefly just until lightly browned.
- To serve, spread couscous on serving platter and place lamb on top of couscous. Scatter feta cheese on top of lamb. Garnish platter with grilled tangerine slices and fresh mint sprigs and serve. Serves 4.
Recipe by Kristina Vanni
Photo by Kristina Vanni