Rosemary-Scented Lemon Curd AND Mascarpone Sandwich Cookies
$5,000 winning recipe in the Better Homes and Gardens “Your Best Recipe” Contest
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup jarred lemon curd
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- Fresh rosemary sprigs & lemon wedges (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. For cookies, combine butter, sugar, vanilla, rosemary, and lemon rind in a large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until mixed.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, making 3-1/2 dozen. Place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Flatten cookies to about 1/4-inch thickness. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until golden on edges. Cool 1 minute before removing to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Holding the flat side of cookies, spread half of cookies (21) with about 1-1/2 teaspoons of the lemon curd. Spread the other flat sides of remaining cookies with about 1-1/2 teaspoons of mascarpone. Sandwich cookies together, with one lemon side and one mascarpone side. Dust rounded top of cookie with powdered sugar. Chill cookies at least 1/2 hour, or overnight, if desired. Serve cookies chilled. Refrigerate any leftovers. To serve, place cookies on serving plate garnished with rosemary sprigs and lemon wedges, if desired. Makes 21 sandwich cookies.